Does the mere glimpse of a red coat send you into a tizzy? Do you lay awake at night trying to solve the “Who is A” mystery? Do you refer to every Pretty Little Liars premiere and finale as an unofficial international holiday? Are you counting down the days until you can reunite with Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer? If you responded yes to at least one of these questions then you’re experiencing what we like to call “PLL withdrawal.”
The bad news is that there’s no immediate cure. The good news is that we do have some viable suggestions on how to make it through the next few months and learn some new skills in the process until the hit ABC Family series returns with a brand new episode.
1. Practice your cake baking. (Professional birthday cake eater Ezra Fitz approves of this hobby.)
2. Hit up the Rosewood club scene with your besties. Order two pink drinks: One for you and one in Hanna’s honor.
3. Spend Tuesday nights like any true Hastings would: by organizing your closet, color coding your AP class notes, and narrowing down your “A” suspects list.
4. Get a job. Make lattes at the Brew or babysit Malcolm. Whatever gets that moolah rolling in.
5. Hone your skills as a puppeteer. Nothing would make A more proud!
6. It’s perfectly okay to spend your evenings dreaming up new ways to smooch Toby and Caleb.
7. Perfect your strut so that you can take those Rosewood High
catwalks hallways by storm.
8. Get back into shape so that you can outrun any Rosewood psychos who try to run you over on your skateboard.
9. Crack open those books and start studying. We expect you to beat Spencer Hastings at the next academic decathlon meet. (No pressure though.)
10. If Hanna Marin can successfully tackle detective work in her spare time, so can you. (No offense, Hannakins.) Who ate the delicious red velvet cupcake that you were saving for dessert? Where did your favorite cashmere sweater disappear to? What’s the name of the cute guy in your eighth period gym class who rocks at volleyball? Um, don’t look at us. We’ve done our part just by making this list. Sleuth mode, homies.
Tell us, loves: What’s your top tip for overcoming Pretty Little Liars separation anxiety? Or does a remedy simply not exist?
Theo is a television enthusiast/digital editor at Alloy Entertainment. A conspiracy theorist at heart, this Greek gal is constantly on the look-out for horcruxes and is still trying to make sense of Lost Season 6. Follow her musings on entertainment at @theodorag13.