Pretty Little Liars star Lucy Hale was one spicy senorita at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards. Decked out in a bright red dress by Wes Gordon and pouting an equally fierce lip color, Lucy rocked the event’s pink carpet and was definitely a sight for sore eyes. However, there’s one detail that really mesmerized us about her stunning awards show style — her textured side braid! Fun, flirty, and oh-so-adorable, Lucy’s natural coif was one of our favorites of the night and now, thanks to celebrity hairstylist Scott Cunha and Us Weekly, recreating it is a total breeze! Just follow the quick and simple steps below:
- Blow-dry hair using a barrel brush for smoothness.
- Add loose waves throughout with the 1.25-inch T3 SinglePass Twirl curling iron.
- Apply Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray to add volume and give hair a messy texture.
- Leaving out a few face-framing tendrils, part hair off to the side and begin to braid, then secure with a hair elastic.
- To give it the”undone” look, carefully pull out some of the pieces of the braid.
- Pin back face-framing pieces to add a romantic touch to the style.
Learn how to achieve more beautiful celebrity hairstyles over at US Weekly’s beauty site!
So tell us, on a scale of one to ten how much did you love Lucy Hale’s side braid? Would you like tips on any other pretty little ‘dos from the Teen Choice Awards? Drop us a note in the comments!