Pretty Little Liars is the juiciest drama, in our humble opinion, and we plan to savor season one, one fabulous episode at a time. So et’s take it waaay back — back to the beginning, aka the season one pilot episode!
5 OMG Moments and The Big Ta-da from the Pilot Episode:
- Aria, Spencer, Hanna, Emily and Alison are having an end of the summer slumber party in a barn. It’s a dark and stormy night and the girls are spooked out, but having a blast–that is until they wake up later that night and realize that their queen b Alison (who happens to have dirt on each of them) has gone missing!
- The now newly glam Hanna is spotted at the mall trying on designer shades. They look great on her, but the price tag is kinda ugly, so she tucks a pair of sunglasses into her over-sized handbag and struts right out of the mall. Not so fast though! Detective Darren Wilden is onto Hanna and stops by her house to take her down to the station. Lesson learned: Sticky fingers lead to sticky prison cells.
- Aria moves back to Rosewood and meets a dashing newcomer when she drops by a local pub to order lunch. A little book talk here, a little flirting there – bada bing, bada boom she finds herself an active participant in a bathroom makeout session. Oh, it gets worse. She attends English class the next day and guess who her new teacher, Mr. Ezra Fitz, is? The guy she made out with at the pub! What are the odds?
- Spencer has been looking forward to moving into the barn she renovated over the summer, but big sister Melissa dashes her dream by returning home and taking it over with boyfriend Wren. Spencer loathes Wren at first but eventually warms up to him. Flashback time: Turns out Spencer doesn’t have a good-girl rep when it comes to Melissa’s boyfriends and she’s actually smooched one of them (cough *Ian* cough). Now, she seems to be harboring feelings for Wren as well. Serial boyfriend stealer, anyone?
- Emily meets Maya, the new girl on the block. Maya introduces Emily to some weed and soon the two end up in a deep conversation. Emily reveals that she is still not over Alison’s mysterious disappearance. And then Emily made like Aria (only to a lesser degree) and she and Maya shared a kiss. Not a full on mouth kiss but enough to suggest that Emily and Maya may prefer other pretty little girls over pretty little boys.
The Big Ta-da: Alison’s body is discovered and the case is turned into a full-on murder investigation. The positive consequence of Ali’s funeral is that it unites all four girls. The bad part? Someone going by the name A (who has already contacted each girl throughout the episode) sends them all a mass text message with the following: “I’m still, here bitches. And I know everything…” – ‘A.”
Uh oh. Rosewood is about to get veeeery interesting!
What did you love about the Pretty Little Liars pilot episode that made you want to tune in each week? Name your favorite OMG moment in the comments!