ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars series might scare us…but we love every single twist that’s thrown our way. And in PLL episode 1.10 we learned how to “Keep Your Friends Close” . . . and stay as far away from A as possible!
5 OMG Moments and The Big Ta-da from PLL Episode 110:
- Hanna and Mona are on the outs (and not over boys like Gossip Girl’s Serena and Blair). Mona is teeming with ”anger” (cough*jealousy*cough) when she finds out that Hanna supposedly had liposuction over the summer. The rumor gets Hanna dis-invited to Glamp (aka Mona’s glamorous-camping birthday party), not because their friendship can’t survive the mysterious disappearance of cottage cheese thighs, but because Mona wasn’t the first to know (or start) the rumor. Either way, Hanna seems psyched to skip all the “glamping.”
- When Aria and Noel kiss at school, Ezra witnesses their full-on lip action and is heartbroken. He’s written a poem about Aria (called B-26), so you know that his love is real. Aria tries to talk to him, but once she exits, he violently chucks a book across the room. (Geez, don’t they conduct background checks on Rosewood teachers?) Later though, he and Aria make up and make out in the struggle buggy (1920s slang for the Montgomery parents’ worst nightmare) and they kiss and kiss until the windows fog up. A hooded creeper writes “I See You” on the rear windshield. (Who said romance was dead?)
- A turns from snarky stalker to kindergarten tattle tale and decides to send Emily’s mom the pics of her and Maya kissing. (A, you’re going to die an old, bitter hag–we can just tell.) Emily’s mother exercises some restraint though, because Mr. Fields has returned from Afghanistan and the last thing she wants to do is ruin her chicken pot pie dinner with a sprinkle of homophobia. Meanwhile, Emily hits up Camp Mona with the rest of the Liars (Hanna excluded), and Toby appears to ask Em to leave town with him. “Don’t tell anyone” is his main plea, so of course Emily runs and tells Spencer. (When will these girls learn?)
- Detective Wilden may be out of the picture, but the FBI is in town–and they mean business. They begin by inviting Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily to movie night, aka to watch a video of their murdered friend’s last moments alive (suddenly Mona’s Glamp sounds like an awesome alternative). The girls recognize the Kissing Rock location and Spencer deduces that Ali probably had a rendezvous with her older mystery man the night she died. As if that’s not eerie enough, Spencer uncovers a note from A and a friendship bracelet for Jenna at Mona’s birthday party. Then, Spencer and Emily stumble upon a tree that has ‘Alison loves Ian’ carved into it. (Now we know, when she wasn’t tormenting people, Ali liked to inflict pain on plants.)
- Meanwhile, Hanna is having a ball with her handy-dandy binoculars, peeking into everyone’s private affairs. (She may want to start with her mom’s sticky fingers.) She catches a full-blown show of Aria and Ezra getting it on. She spots the creeper who writes on their fogged up windshields. She then gets a glimpse of the culprit, who runs away. According to A, “she knew too much” so…Hanna gets run over. (Damn. A don’t play.)
The Big Ta-da: The FBI’s Ali video was just a trailer. A has really taken to Rosewood’s prettiest, like butter on toast, and sends them the full, exclusive version. Remember the mystery cameraman from the FBI”s clip? It’s freakin’ Ian!
What was the most shocking moment for you in “Keep Your Friends Close?” If A sent you a text and demanded that you wander into the deep, dark forest, would you?