*Spoiler Alert: Avoid reading this detailed recap until you’ve watched the PLL Season 2 premiere, “It’s Alive”!*
We watched, we screamed, we L-O-Led! Tonight’s Pretty Little Liars Season 2 premiere was anything but an uneventful experience. The Liars’ return to Rosewood was marked by romantic predicaments, creepy stalking, and uncomfortable group therapy sessions (ya gotta love those). Are you ready to recap all the OMG moments from “It’s Alive”? Let’s get to it!
5 OMG Moments and The Big Ta-da from PLL Episode 201:
- While escorting the Liars from the church to the police station, Officer Garrett takes a detour…into a dark alley. Hanna, Emily, Aria and Spencer immediately freak out and are hesitant about clambering out of the vehicle. Thankfully though, Officer Garrett’s motives don’t seem malicious. He simply requests that they leave out some itty bitty details when they’re questioned at the police station, including that he helped them blackmail Ian and that a Jenna & Toby, Inc. sex tape exists. The Liars don’t want to get Garrett in trouble and agree. However, as he’s backing out of the alley, the camera flashes to Jenna, standing in the dark, looking very pleased. (Seriously, are her parents? She’s blind and under-aged for crying out loud!)
- The Liars’ parentals are typically pretty lenient, but when their impressionable teens start making up zombie stories about dead men walking in Rosewood, they decide to intervene. The main parental consensus? These girls are living the vida loca—send them to a shrink, stat. The Liars have no choice but to attend a few sessions. However, just as they’re getting ready to make nice with the therapist and let her in on all their A drama, Spencer spots a little something on the wall–Ezra Fitz’s Hollis college dipolma. Turns out A knows about the group sessions and doesn’t want any valuable secrets spilling out. Hence, the (terrifying) hint on the wall. (Umm…how utterly mafia boss-ish of A. Every time the Liars think they’re out, A drags them back in!)
- Garret and Jenna have a late-night rendezvous (of the non-sexy variety, sadly) and are talking about a mystery person who’s returned to Rosewood. They don’t seem too thrilled by this news. (We’re guessing they won’t be planning a “Welcome Home” shindig any time soon.) Luckily, Garrett opens his big mouth long enough (before Jenna shushes him) to utter one take-away clue–Jason. (Alison’s weirdo of a brother who suspected Spencer was the killer? Gee, glad to have an insane DiLaurentis back in town.) As they pull away, the camera pans into a brightly lit window and we spy someone’s slow-moving silhouette behind it. Dun dun dun!
- Hold up though–Jason isn’t the only one who’s returned to Rosewood, land of the sketchy. Noel Kahn saunters into Mr. Fitz’s English classroom and offers to help him erase the blackboard (which has a malicious “hangman” game sketched upon it) and sits smack next to Aria. He turns to her and flashes a pretty and predatory smile. “Miss me?” Aria looks horrified! (News flash: Noel scares us. Though he’s certainly easy on the eyes, we suspect it won’t be long before he’s back to his old blackmailing tricks.)
- Nearly being murdered by her own brother-in-law has truly done a number on poor Spencer’s mental health. While home alone, she hears an outside branch snapping and immediately goes into Fright Night mode. She races to lock all the doors in her kitchen and grabs a butcher knife so large it’d make Halloween’s serial killer, Michael Myers, do a happy dance. She hears footsteps. She looks up and spots…Toby? She falls into his open arms and cries her heart out. However, it turns out that Spencer is right to be scared because Ian ain’t dead and he verifies his resurrection with one bone-chilling word: “Taylor.” (Unfortunately, this was not followed by a “Lautner.”)
The Big Ta-Da: At the end of the episode, Mr. Mendez, Pam Field’s realtor, is showing someone around Emily’s room. Wait a sec…black gloves, black leather coat? Oh, hell naw! It’s A! (Seriously, does the bitch have nothing better to do than shop for real estate?) When the realtor is clearly out of the way, A deletes the perverted videos on Alison’s flash drive. (Goodbye, “we have hard evidence.” Hello, “no one will believe you now.“)
Do you think that Ian is still alive or does someone else also know the name of Melissa’s baby? Share your favorite OMG moment from PLL ep 201, “It’s Alive” in the comments.