SPOILER ALERT: Don’t read this Pretty Little Liars recap or the comments until you’ve watched Pretty Little Liars Season 2, Episode 24, “If These Dolls Could Talk”.
The long-awaited ‘A’ day is almost here and we’re 100% certain that the Pretty Little Liars season 2 finale will feature its fair share of lies and secrets. In the meantime though, we’re still trying to get over the super sketchy, doll-infested second to last Pretty Little Liars episode, “If These Dolls Could Talk”! From the pale 9-year-old boy who could easily yank the “Creepiest Kid Ever” title from Tom Riddle’s horcrux-conjuring grasp to Aria and Ezra’s spontaneous shirtless smooching, PLL episode 24 was teeming with dramatic twists! So which cah-razy reveals shattered our perception of the Liars and their so-called friends?
Here are the top 5 most shocking moments from Pretty Little Liars season 2, episode 24! (Psst. Don’t forget to check out the intense photo album at the bottom of this article!)
- The Haunting of Alison DiLaurentis: Usually, when someone dies they stay that way. Not Alison though — whether she’s gallivanting through the streets of Rosewood or in Spencer’s subconscious, this is one queen bee who loves staying in touch with those dearest to her. Instead of allowing Spencer to get some quality shuteye in, real/ghost/phantom menace Alison decided to haunt her bestie and ransack the Hastings living room late at night. Thankfully, Alison did more than just intrude (and randomly tuck a stray strand of Spencer’s hair behind her ear) — she came bearing “good” news. The girls are getting warmer and much closer to finding out who crazy ‘A’ is…they just need to pay more attention to the details in front of them. (Well, it’s kind of hard to focus on anything on limited hours of sleep!) Spencer awakens to a sunny, chilly day and not only notices that the door was left open all night but that there are also bottles of prescription pills set on the table in front of her. Clues perhaps? Either Alison is alive or someone is going all looney tunes in the Hastings household!
- Shirtless Fitz: All seemed fine and dandy in Ezria-land. Byron had gone off to visit Vermont and Ella was keeping busy teaching high school English. However, per usual, everything fell apart. How? Well, it just so happens that while dropping off something on her mom’s desk, Aria stumbled upon an application to Glensbury Boarding School for Girls. She immediately panicked, confronted Ella about her and Byron’s terrible decision to ship off their one and only daughter, and then –snap snap — girlfriend got sassy. Considerate, polite Aria was replaced by a calculating, blackmailing bitch and she informed Ella that if they decided to send her away from Ezra she’d have to give the Dean of Hollis College a ring to let him know exactly how Byron had been spending his office hours. (Whoa — who knew such a small girl could have so much attitude). Anyway, after Ella told Aria
where to stick ithow ashamed of her she was for even threatening the welfare of their family, Aria paid Ezra a little visit at his love shack for some consolation…where he proceeded to tell her that he lost his job and this doom and gloom crap. Luckily, one kiss led to another and they ended up getting sexy with it on his couch. And believe us when we tell you a shirtless Fitz is the best kind of Fitz. (Hot for teacher indeed!)
- Chucky’s Family Reunion: If you’re ever bored, do what the Liars did on this episode: drive a couple towns over to Brookhaven on a school night, trespass onto private property, enter a sketchy doll hospital full of lopsided plastic heads and broken limbs, and march your way straight down to its dark, musty basement. We assure you, great fun is to be had! Oh, and while you’re it, make sure you open a cabinet from which a mysterious muffled voice is chanting threats. Because the adventure isn’t over until Chucky’s cousin (who doubles as a toy by day, gravedigger by night) warns you, “Follow me, end up like me” while propped up in a morbid reenactment of Alison DiLaurentis’ murder. A trip to the valley of possessed demon dolls…sounds awesome, right? Um, we’re not sure about you, but we’ll just hide under the warmth of our covers until psycho ‘A’ is officially behind bars. Thanks for the memories, ABC Family…forgive us if we DON’T cherish them forever!
- Unexpected Smooches: We love pretty little kisses…but only from Aria and Ezra, Caleb and Hanna, Emily and Maya and Spencer and Toby/Wren. But we knew that some freaky deakey shenanigans was taking place in Rosewood when not only Mona and Caleb locked lips during a makeout — er, stakeout — session but also when Melissa Hastings and…and…and GARRETT REYNOLDS got all PDA on us!!!!! We forgive Caleb because at least Hanna was aware of actions and he was basically snogging the lacrosse team serial dater to help the Liars out with their ‘A’ dilemma. Melissa on the other hand…Really, girl? Your dead husband’s best friend? Good grief, does she not see the serial killer ride he cruises around in? Definitely not baby proof!
- The Cop Gets Cuffed: Remember when Garrett helped Jenna in getting the Liars arrested in “Over My Dead Body“? (To be fair, we still don’t know if it was 100% them but we sense they were somehow involved!) Well, karma’s a bitch that likes to bite back and Officer Two-Faced got nipped right where it hurts…his wrists! Yep, that’s right. Homeboy got handcuffed right in front of his lady friend and hauled away to the slammer by his colleagues. On what charge? For the murder of Alison DiLaurentis. Turns out, Garrett’s green-eyed ex with a penchant for designer shades decide to ax him out of the Rosewood scene by submitting the missing autopsy page to the cops and telling them that he had given it to her. And who’s to believe a sketchy dude over a nice, sweet innocent blind girl? Excuse us while we enjoy a hearty laugh of “in your face, sucka”!
The Big Ta-Da: Jenna Marshall can see. Did you copy that? Jenna “I wear jungle red lipstick and blackmail my stepbrother to make sweet love to me” Marshall has the kind of 20/20 vision that all pilots dream about. And she proved it by smashing a fly against her mirror (which she failed to properly clean by the way) with such zest and precision. She then turned up the corners of her lips into a Chesire cat grin and basked in the reflection of her
sociopathic clever glory. Either Jenna’s eye operation worked perfectly…or she and her noisy walking stick have been fooling everyone from Day 1 and that whole tearful apology she made earlier on in the episode was purely for her devilish amusement!
Recap more nightmarish moments from Pretty Little Liars season 2, episode 24 in the pictures below!
Psst, Spence. Peek a BOO!
Sure, go ahead and blame the ghostly encounter on the drugs...
Yo mamadukes -- I need a phone. In case you've forgetten, I'm somewhat of a local hero.
A girl needs her phone as much as she needs designer shoes, Mrs. Marin.
By the way, your egg white omelet smells divine. Watch out, Martha Stewart!
No one likes a brown-noser, MonA.
Today's the day. Let me just remove my bandages at home even though the doctors specifically ordered me not to.
Hey sis, you can cry on my shoulder if you need to. But, FYI, that doesn't make us lovers. K. Thanks. Bye..
As much as we hate her, the girl can sure rock a pair of sunglasses!
Mind if I sit down a spell?
Tear, hiccup, tear. I'm sorry for playa hating on you all. I still hate you but secretly.
The classified section in the Rosewood Observer must be hella cheap!
Super sleuth Hastings to the rescue!
Mm mm mm! Fresh day for a creepy adventure!
Behead dolls are a sight for sore eyes.
Hey, my name is Seth and when I grow up I'm going to be a sociopath.
Uh, sure kid, whatever you say...[Hanna and Emily back away slowly.]
So, by any chance, have any murderers purchased some old-school voodoo dolls?
Sure, we get loads of killers! Oh, by the way....I see dead people.
My name is Aria and I'm a coffee-holic.
Love you so much right now, girl.
C'mon, dude. Lean into it!
Byron is a man of many words.
Dear dad, I hate you and your stupid handwriting.
Apparently, Siberia is the same thing as Vermont according to Aria...
Muhaha! Remember your husband the cheater? I'll rat him out, madre. Mark my words!
You bring me much shame, daughter.
A is so obsessed with me, Hanna. What should I do?
Insert fake A text complete with kindergarten style rhyming. Oh boy.
Two's company, three's a crowd.
Hanna: Please pretend to be nice to Mona. Caleb: But I'm trying really REALLY hard...[insert confused face]
Hey creepy sis, whatcha doin...
Why are you acting strange aside from the fact that you just saw me on footage filmed the night your friend was murdered?
Keep your nose out of my biznatch if you know what's good for ya!
Kissed Caleb. Secretly loved it but pretending I'm grossed out. Toodle loo, ladies!
Great idea guys --- let's go into a Chucky factory late at night!
I spy with my pretty little eye...the voodo dolls that old lady claimed she sold!
I seeeeeee you.
Follow me, end up like me. You've been warned, bitches.
Let's just stand here for a couple of minutes instead of running for our LIVES!
Hmm. The camera lingers on the laptop. New clue?
Hashtag emo moment.
Worst. Stalker. EVER!
I'm just a lonely, blind girl. Someone save me?
Garrett gave me this oh-so-mysterious paper, Toby. Whatever could it be?
An autopsy report?! I'm so so scared. Could you wrap me up in your muscular arms and hold me tight, Toby?
Put some muscle into it, Caleb! Sheesh.
Caleb: Blergh. Mona: Mmmm.
Melissa spies the scandalous moment.
Melissa spots an ilicit affair and Hanna gets a text. Coinky dink?
BRB. Too bBusy FREAKING THE HELL OUT!!!
Ugh. Take a chill pill, Hanna. Don't be such a drama queen.
Meanwhile, in la cucina de Hastings...THIS happened.
Pray tell, officer -- whatever is the matter?
You, Office Two-Faced, are under arrest for the murder of Alison DiLaurentis.
Got fired because of your dumbd ad. Super depressed. Getting drunk.
Lights out, clothes off.
Oh la la! Aria enjoys a rendezvous with Ezra's abs.
La la la --- just removing my JUNGLE RED lipstick. La di da.
Giiiiiiiirl, work it, work it!
Sorry, fly, but you knew too much...you had to go.
I can SO go on America's Next Top Model with these smizing skills!
You ruined my workshop, you bastard!
Who said money can't buy happiness?
Candy from a stranger? Well, this can't be good.
A creepy kid's gotta do what a creepy kid's gotta do.
What was your favorite OMG moment from “If These Dolls Could Talk”? Tell us in the comments, and tune in for all new episodes of Pretty Little Liars Season 2 every Monday at 8/7 c on ABC Family!