The Pretty Little Liars series returns tonight, June 14th, on ABC Family! In preparation for tonight’s big return to Rosewood, we’re revisiting the last two revealing episodes, “Monsters in the End” and “For Whom the Bell Tolls.” Recap all the mind-blowing events that happened on PLL ep.121 and PLL ep.122 below.
“Monsters in the End” OMG Moments:
- Caleb and Hanna are still on the outs, but Caleb truly cares for her. He hands Mona a love note and asks her to pass it along to Hanna. Unfortunately, Mona tears that shit up and tells Hanna that Caleb didn’t bother stopping by to say goodbye. Will Hanna find out what Mona did and how will she react?
- While helping set up a carnival, Spencer catches Melissa in an alibi predicament. Melissa meets a woman who has her heart on a Hilton Head getaway and Mel tells her the oceanic views are breathtaking. The big uh-oh: The woman’s confused because, according to the Hilton Head brochures she’s been perusing repeatedly, the ocean is on the opposite side of the golf course. This sketchy moment certainly piques Spencer’s suspicions. Were Melissa and Ian ever at Hilton Head or is Melissa lying to provide an alibi for the father of her unborn child?
- Ezra is almost caught by a Rosewood cop who drops by his apartment to question him about a student but spies another student (Aria) exiting his place. Luckily, Ezra manages to talk himself out of the sticky situation and avoids a potential arrest. Did the cop buy Ezra’s excuses though?
- While waiting in a funhouse for a secret rendezvous with Toby, Spencer is locked in by a mysterious figure dressed in black. She’s freaking out and genuinely terrorized. Conveniently, it’s creepy Ian who sets her free and, right after he does, Toby shows up. Everyone’s suddenly looking mighty suspicious. Was Ian the one to trap her in there in the first place?
- Emily finds a key in the vintage snow globe Alison once gave her. She, Aria, and Hanna head to the storage facility listed on the key and unearth a flashdrive. What’s on it? Disturbing footage of their underage selves being filmed in their bedrooms. So, who’s the peeping Tom?
“For Whom the Bell Tolls” OMG Moments:
- The flash-drive not only contains videos of the Liars and Alison, but also of Jenna forcing herself on her step-brother Toby (whose bod, btw, is seriously ripped). The Liars pay Jenna a visit and confront her about the incestuous video. She breaks down and reveals that Alison had known about it and had threatened to “bury” Jenna if she ever returned to Rosewood. Is this motive enough to peg Jenna as Alison’s killer?
- Apparently, Jenna is in cahoots with Ian and tips him off that the Liars have the controversial flash-drive. Just as we’re trying to make sense of the Ian and Jenna collaboration, we see Jenna meeting privately with another guy–Officer Garrett (the cop the Liars turn to in an attempt to catch Ian red-handed). What is Jenna playing at?
- Ezra’s ex, Jackie, shows up at Aria’s house and it dawns on Aria that Ezra lied to her. How so? He applied to work at the same school as his former flame but told Aria that Jackie was far far away from Rosewood. Could trouble in Ezria land mean a love triangle in the making?
- Upon picking up Melissa from Reverend Ackard’s church, Spencer and her sis get into a scary car accident and Melissa is rushed to the hospital. While at the hospital, Melissa is distraught and needs to speak to Ian. Unfortunately, she left her cell phone at the church so Spencer goes to retrieve it. The camera flashes to Melissa’s face for a few seconds. She looks like she’s really focusing on something. Is she just worried about her baby or is she up to no good?
- Spencer enters the church and realizes she’s not alone. Ian is also there and when he calls the “blackmailer’s” blocked number, the ringing phone in Spencer’s bag gives her away. In the darkest PLL moment yet, Ian corners Spencer in the church’s bell tower and informs her that he’s going to forge a suicide note for her. Spencer begs for him to spare her, but Ian, looking severely panicked, tells her he’s doing this for the sake of his family. However, before he can kill Spencer, A suddenly appears and shoves Ian off the tower. The last time Ian’s see, he’s swinging from his neck on the bell ropes. Unfortunately though, before the cops can confirm his death, Ian’s body disappears and the Liars are left looking like…well, liars. Is Ian still alive?
After many months of obsessing over all the pretty little clues from the Season 1 finale, we’re finally going to get some answers (hopefully). Which major question are you hoping gets answered on tonight’s premiere? Tell us your most pressing one in the comments and remember to tune in for the ABC Family Season 2 premiere of Pretty Little Liars–right before the series premiere of The Nine Lives of Chloe King–tonight at 8/7c.